I know I haven't been posting as we've been in and out of town a lot lately. I have a lot of stories and pics to post but no time now. Just one cute story I couldn't resist.
Great Aunt Debbie and Uncle Peter (and fam) got Jeremy a Preschool Bible for his birthday. We like it a lot because all other Bible based books we've gotten are either way to remedial or WAAAAAAAY to advanced (a book we have about David and Goliath says that David killed Goliath with a rock in a sling, then took Goliath's sword and cut off his head, then the birds of the field ate at his body - ummmm, yeah - tell that to a two-year-old with no nightmares). Anyway, we really like this edition. Anyway, we like this book so much that we have to read it every day before naps. If we forget Jeremy is sure to remind us in an oh so reverent tone, "Mommy, we forgot the BIBLE" - I wish you could hear the way he says this... Jeremy's favorite the the 'big fish' story. As a matter of fact, we really only get to read the big fish story. If you read any other story, the entire time you hear, "I just wanna read the big fish story, Ummm I tink I wanna read the big fish story, Mommy can you read the big fish story?" over and over and over again.
So we read the big fish story.
As a matter of fact we've read the big fish story SOOOOOOOOOOO many times that I was sure Jeremy could read it to me. So the big fish story is four short pages. Here's how story time went:
Mommy: Jeremy, who don't you read me the big fish story?
Jeremy: OK!
Mommy: Who's this on this page?
Jeremy: Dat's Jonah!
Mommy: What did God tell Jonah to do?
Jeremy: Go to da bad people, but but but Jonah was scared.
Mommy: What did Jonah do on this page?
Jeremy: He got on a ship! (Further proof that he actually listens to the story as I did not know he knew the word 'ship' as we usually use the word 'boat').
Mommy: What happened on the ship?
Jeremy: A BIG FISH!
Mommy: What happened before the big fish? What happened on the water?
Jeremy: Dere was a storm! (Said with eyes wide and mouth agape).
Mommy: What happened after that?
Jeremy: Dey trew him in da wader! And den, and den, and den A BIG FISH!
Mommy: Yup, what did the big fish do?
Jeremy: He swallowed Jonah!
Mommy: And then what happened?
Jeremy: He spit him out! (lots of laughing here)
Mommy: How long did he stay in the big fish?
Jeremy: (Thoughtfully) Ummm, a couple of hours?
OK, so maybe he doesn't listen to the WHOLE story. Apparently the interesting part is the big fish and the spitting.
4 comments:
jeremy does a very good job reading about the big fish. he read it to me several times. i enjoyed the story told by a year old. can't wait to see you guys again
love you grandma
Anyway, Doug says I said 'anyway' too much in this post. Anyway, you'll have to excuse me for this error.
This was a priceless post!
guess it is kinda like the word was...thanks again for coming to spend time w/grandma during this difficult time in our journey...love always, aunt shell
Post a Comment