Saturday, January 29, 2011

The big '5'

I simply cannot believe I have a 5-year-old. 

I don't.

You can't make me.

He was born, what, maybe two years ago?  Hmmm, how did I manage to get 3 kids in 2 years?  :)

Yesterday we had this discussion:

Jeremy: Mommy, Noelle is a very nice girl.

Me: Yes, she is!

Jeremy: Do you think I should marry her?

Me:  Ummm, do you want to marry her?

Jeremy:  I don't know.

Me:  Did she ask you to marry her?

Jeremy:  No.  Back when we were kids we got married.  But it was just pretend.


Yes.  This was an actual discussion.  And we don't even really talk about the whole girlfriend/boyfriend thing because we think children get exposed to that stuff wayyyyyy to soon anyway. 

But I guess it's going to happen.  We talk about mommy and daddy being married.  We see mommy and daddy kissing.  He wants to be like daddy.  I guess it's only natural....

Right?

Right?!?

Aye!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Happy 5 year olds!

Miriam and Catherine like to recount their bad behaviors and then say, "But that's when we were four." Or, they still even remember a few things (major bad) that they did "when we were three". As if they are so old now that they will never, ever make a mistake so heinous as what they did ages ago!

I love this age (and I haven't loved their age since they were 2 1/2)! I hope you do, too!

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

FIVE??? Are you kidding me?! I'm with you. I'll just live in denial. What happened to the little babbling munchkin??

Well, happy birthday to Jeremy anyway. :) Lovin' the updates!

aunt shell said...

*** Happy Birthday to Jeremy...Today you are officially "5"...Happy Birthday to you...We love you so much...Can't believe that my oldest great nephew is now officially "5" years old...Seems like yesterday you were born...Love always, Aunt Shell

Doug Sigmon said...

Wow! I can't believe Jeremy is 5. Those pictures you put of him on the blog make him look like he's 10. Are we just going to turn around one day and he'll be off to college?????