Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New Favorite afternoon activity





I know you're amazed by all the posts this week. Jeremy's at summer camp so I feel like I have all this free time!

We have a new favorite game to play in the afternoons - waterguns!

Yes, yes - we did have a delimma about this to begin with. Everyone knows I've been trying to keep Jeremy away from guns, violence, and killing for as long as possible. It's not because I'm adamantly opposed to guns. It's just that I believe there is an innocence in children and would prefer not to explain to my 3-year-old about killing and dieing.

Anyway, as much as we try, Jeremy is obsessed with guns. The little boy across the street brings out toy guns all the time. Jeremy's eyes get as big as saucers. We were doing a nature walk the other day with his magnifying glass looking for bugs. He was so much more interested in watching Aidan with his gun.

So we compromised and got some water guns for water play.. And oh man does he have a good time! Here are some shots of him and Daddy. He likes to get all the neighborhood kids involved so we have since invested in a few more (we're up to 5 water guns now).


















I highly recommend going to the target dollar section. They have one big gun for $2.50 or two smaller ones for $1. The smaller ones are actually better!

4 comments:

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

Don't feel bad. When I was a kid, my mom wouldn't even let me look at a Nerf gun (I grew up with lots of boy neighbors). Then my brother came along. She did her best to shield him from them. Like you, she believes in protecting their innocence as long as possible. She finally gave up when she saw him picking up random sticks and shooting people with them. :)

Gammy said...

Gammy may have contributed to the water gun issue at the pool last week. Sorry, but he does LOVE them!

Gammy said...

Linda, Daniel is the spitting image of you on the picture of him on his bike. I've always thought Doug looked like you until I saw Daniel.

Gammy said...

I LOVE Daniel in his "I'm the big brother" shirt! Can't wait to see little A.