Mom and I share war stories over breastfeeding all the time though, so she gets it.
One of these days I'll bust out this line on one of my sons, "If you knew what I went through for you to be here, you'd be a little more grateful" and I'll really mean it.
So here is the much anticipated camping blog. Daddy and Jeremy went for a boys night out camping trip last Friday night. Jeremy was SOOOOOO excited. I'm not sure he even realized what was going to happen, but he was excited nonetheless.
He told me that he wanted to make a list of what to bring camping. He dictated and I wrote. It went something like this:
green car
man
eraser
stable
hairbye (??? I don't know what this is, but we needed it!)
pencil
As a side note, I'm pretty sure that none of these went into the tent. He and Daddy set up the tent. Daddy blew up the air mattress to make sure Jeremy got the full camping experience. We did a fire with marshmallows and everything. Daddy went inside to check on something at one point and I was sitting outside with Jeremy. Here's what happened:
We were sitting about two feet from the fire in our camping chairs.
Jeremy: Mommy, let's play "I spy".
Mommy: Alrighty.
Jeremy: No mommy, let's play "I spy with my little eye".
Mommy: Alright - even better.
Jeremy: I'll go first. Mommy, I spy with my little eye something ORANGE.
Mommy: Hmmmmm. Is it the fire?
Jeremy: YOU GUESSED IT MOMMY!!!!!!!
Then when we told him we were going to cook marshmallows on the fire, he thought they were going to come out of the fire (like an oven). Apparently he sees us pull things out of the oven but never put them in. He kept asking when the marshmallows were going to come out of the fire (before I had even brought them outside).
Everyone had a good time. Jeremy did not want to pack up the tent and asked if he could go on a second camping trip with Daddy and then a third. The boys ended up coming back inside around 10:30. Jeremy was asleep and Daddy was having a hard time breathing (allergies - ugh!). It's definately something we'll do again!!!
3 comments:
The look of anticipation on Jeremy's face sitting by the fire says it all.
I've told Elizabeth we're going to borrow the tent and camp out one night this spring. She is so excited.
Laurina... You don't know what a hairbye is?? It's only the MOST important thing to take on a camping trip. And by the way, getting "the full camping experience" is not on an air mattress!!
i love the pic's i know jeremy & doug had a great time...of course my idea of camping is at he RITZ...haha...love always, aunt shell
Post a Comment