First of all, I don't believe in that phrase. Apologies in advance means that you know you're going to do something that needs apologizing for. If you know you're going to do it, just go ahead and stop! Don't do it!
I guess unless you're apologizing for someone else, ie. I apologize in advance for the way the kids are going to act today. I gave them Fruit Loops and Poptarts for breakfast which will hype them up beyond which they can be controlled before I brought them over here to drop them off.
Anyway, I DO apologize in advance for something that I can't seem to control...
My temper is out of control today and my patience is very minimal. You see, the next time I start to wean a baby, I would like for someone to call me and remind me that I need to send all of the children to a grandparents house for several days.
You know those ladies that walk around Walmart railing on their children for doing things normal 3-year-olds do? Like touching every card in the card section? I WAS THAT MOM TODAY! And as I was lighting into Jeremy I could hear myself and was willing myself to stop - but I could not! It was terrible. And it hasn't got any better.
So the next time I hear a mom yelling at her child in a Walmart, I will think to myself, "Maybe she is weaning...." and give her a little bit of leeway. Because honestly, I need some grace today.
Speaking of grace, Jeremy told me this today:
Mommy, if I stay very still from Jesus, he will heal my scrape on my foot. Then you tell him I need a special treat.
????
Uh huh. And I'm sure it would've been much cuter if my boobs didn't hurt. A LOT...
PS - to make me feel like a better mom, I added some picture at the top. But I'm not arranging them on the page. I'm just not. It takes too long and I don't feel like it. I'm going to lay both of my children down and take some medicine. BECAUSE I CAN. Because I'm not nursing anymore and don't have to worry about drugs affecting my baby. (That was me trying to remind myself about the good part of stopping breastfeeding...)
2 comments:
Yea for 3 Motrin and a Mountain Dew. One more thing you can't do while nursing....
Post a Comment