Monday, June 09, 2008

Double the Fun!

I know you're waiting for the funny "Now I have two" stories to filter in. Hmmm, maybe this one will suffice.


We started today in an excellent way. It was the first day I tackled by myself (well, only half-a-day as Pa and Grandma are here now). Looking back, perhaps I SHOULDN'T have scheduled two doctor's appointments for today (one for me, one for Daniel). Nah, today really went OK. We really only had one really frazzlesome moment and that was at the second appointment. By the time we got to the doctor at 10:45 Daniel was SCREAMING for food. I roll in with two kids in tow in a giant stroller. It of course barely fits through the door. I finally get all situated, bust out the "infant feeding mechanisms" and Jeremy looks directly at me, grabs himself, and says "Needs go potty mommy!". I see a wet spot spreading across his shorts. Hmmmm....I have a child attached to me, one with wet undies, a giant stroller with our stuff strewn across the doctor's office and have no idea where the bathroom is. I ask the lady at the front and of course it's a little walk off so he's done going potty before we get there. Of course I did not bring in J's diaper bag because we were only going to be inside for about thirty minutes. Thankfully there is a pink "Dora the Explorer" pull-up in Daniel's bag. So we went the rest of the appointment in a pink pull-up with no pants.


All the while I managed to do a great job of keeping my cool. Thank you, thank you very much!


To remind me of why I decided to have two children so close together, I'm posting some cute pics of both of the boys.

4 comments:

aunt shell said...

glad u survived the day...loved the pic's and the story...u need to make sure and get some other pullup's b/s dora...miss u guys...hope to see both jeremy bean and daniel bo baniel soon...love always, aunt shell

Gammy said...

You did GREAT today!! The pics are so good. Thanks for sharing. :)

Dani In NC said...

You are a braver woman than I am. I can't imagine leaving the house without help with two kids that age. Even with help, I didn't like taking my kids out at that age. My nerves are too fragile :-).

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

Adorable pictures!!! Glad you had a DORA pull-up and glad Jeremy doesn't know the difference:)
Love, Maw-maw