Last night was a rough one. Jeremy and Daniel woke up screaming. Daniel found the volume button (wherever that is located) and turned it up. I wish I could find it and turn it back down. Jeremy hasn't woken up in the middle of the night in forever! I think the end product was Daddy sleeping on the couch with Jeremy and me sleeping in the bed with Daniel on my chest. I know, I know - double "no-no". Anything for sleep! :)
Here is a pic of me, Jeremy, and Daniel. Jeremy's adjusting well. He seems to ignore Daniel most of the time. I was actually nursing Daniel in this picture and Jeremy doesn't even notice. It's like he has absolutely no interest. My friend Amy says this is much better than over-interest.

You can tell Daniel is a second baby though. I blogged the other day about a doctor's appointment and didn't even list his height and weight. I remember being obsessed with that
with Jeremy. He weights 8 pounds 8 ounces now. Apparently that's really good as they were only looking for birth weight (7 pounds 15 ounces). So we don't even have to go to the 2 week check up. I could have told you though that he was easily over birth weight. He's a pooping machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The nurse at the hospital said they are usually begging breastfed babies to poop within 24 hours of birth. Daniel pooped 13 times (they made us count) within the first 24 hours. And it hasn't slowed down. It seems like everytime I change his diaper I hear him poop again. And he always smells like pooh!
Daniel has what I believe to be a heat rash on his forehead. Anybody know what to do about this??
4 comments:
DJ has a heat rash, too. I can't give any advice, though, because we are the "ignore it until it oozes or swells to twice its size" parents.
The one good thing about my style of parenting is that the younger kids can't say that M got more attention than they did as babies. I never noticed how much she weighed, either :-).
Thanks for the great picture! No idea on the heat rash. Don't you have a nurse staying with you? I'd put him in charge of researching infant heat rash. Love ya all!
the family pic is adorable...and uncle david b said it was TMI...but we love the blog and check it everyday...of course it might take me a few days to comment...love always, aunt shell
that is the sweetest pic. no wonder jeremy doesn't know you are feeding daniel, we can't tell either. i have no idea what to do with a heat rash on the forehead, maybe it's just that pimpy rash a lot of infants get and will go away soon.
Post a Comment