Hello everyone!
We are on day 5 of potty training. It's going great so far. We had 4 (or 5 I can't remember) pees in the potty yesterday and 1 poop! WOW! I didn't think that would come for another couple of weeks. We've only peed in the potty once today but that is because mommy took a very long shopping trip. No, it wasn't fun. Don't be envious...
First we started off on a lovely trip to CVS. This CVS is not in a fabulous part of town (my neighbor calls it the "ghetto-CVS") so we do not venture out there often. HOWEVER, they had their feel-and-learn pull-ups for 8.99 for a pack. Let me just state that this is a ridiculous price as there are hardly any diapers in the pack, but Harris Teeter sells the same package for almost $15 so I felt the need to venture out to the the "deal". PLUS, after you bought $20 worth of diapers, you got $5 back. Fabulous.
So I drive 10 minutes out of my way to this lovely CVS where they have only 1 pack of the boys diapers and they are size 3-4T. Apparently people don't potty train 2 year olds anymore. So I ask (politely) if I can get the girl pull-ups to get my $5 back and just bring them back next week and exchange them for boys, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CVS decides to be annoying. So we leave with nothing, and drive back the 10 minutes that we've wasted. Time wasted now (including in store) would be about 30 minutes.
On to Walmart. If you know me, you know I have a thing against Walmart. I just refuse to go there. However, I desperately needed a potty ring to make the big potty smaller so Jeremy can go. Where else would you buy a potty ring? I have no idea (except Target which is 20 minutes the other direction and we needed this today). SOOOOOOOOOOOO I step foot into the evil Walmart. I walk directly to a lady that is working in the childrens section and I say, "I need a potty ring. Similar to these potty chairs, but a ring, not a whole potty." To which she replies, "I know exactly what you're talking about but we don't sell those." I am astonished as I have wasted another 15 minutes, when 10 feet away from where we are standing, I see a potty ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!! This is one of my greatest pet peeves. Please don't tell me an answer and make me think you know what you're talking about when you clearly don't! Just say "I don't know". I promise, I'll like you better.
Anyway, all is good. We got the potty ring, 6 new pair of underwear, and got out of the store with no problem.
Then we had to go grocery shopping (see, still no fun). Jeremy is now at his shopping limit and we are just starting our trip. On aisle 3 Jeremy decides sitting in the cart is no fun. There is NO WAY to keep the child in the cart. I believe all grocery carts should have 7 point harnesses (the kind in race cars) so your child cannot wiggle out of it and has to stay in the cart kicking and screaming. So I shopped the whole time with Jeremy OUT of the cart, pulling things off the shelf and into the buggy. A list of things Jeremy pulled off the shelf we do not need:
Cheese
Tampons
Wine (oooooooooooh, scary)
shampoo
Raw meat (gross)
I know. It was a harrowing experience. And to top it off, when I was trying to check out, Jeremy TAKES OFF out the automatic doors and I had to dash off to get him (resulting in a spanking and no riding "Harry the dragon" - the whole reason Jeremy even goes to the grocery store).
All this is why I'm never shopping again. Ever. I'm serious. We'll eat every meal at McDonalds and Jeremy will wear size 2T clothes forever. The end.
4 comments:
Now why did we not get any new pics today? Just kidding...I love you and loved the story!! You remind me of someone else I know. Sorry it was a long day. I really don't like shopping either but it's one of those necessities of life.
what about triple coupon shopping. sounds like a fun day. love grandma
what about triple coupon shopping. sounds like a fun day. love grandma
I believe Wal-Mart was your best shopping experience of the day!!!
Just look on the bright side, Jeremy has 6 new pair of underwear,a potty ring, something good to eat and a Mom that can survive the war on shopping:)
Love, Maw-maw
Post a Comment