Saturday, February 19, 2011

Our 'Big' Boy

So here is the update on Potty Training!

It went fabulous.  I know I have many readers who are not parents or who haven't had little ones in quite a while, so I'll keep the details to a minimum (you're welcome:).

Daniel has went two days with only one minor pee accident.  I now fully endorse the "potty train in a day" method.

The doll was helpful, but Daniel was not as into it as I thought he would be.  It made him excited enough about the process to try - which was worth the $30 to me.  It also showed him that once the doll peed, she got a sticker and a snack and got to pick some undies.  This was key because without the doll, I'm not sure how long we would have gone before success and Daniel might have given up before getting his 'prizes'.

Daniel loves his 'character' undies so much, we had a really hard time getting him to wear a pull-up last night.  He kept saying, "Want undies!  Want undies!".  We ended up putting on the undies over the pull-up.  Our only minor setback was the juice boxes.  I gave Daniel 3 in the morning to get him to pee.  Daniel usually gets about 3 juice boxes in a year (he's our picky eater so we don't encourage empty calories).  The sugar rush gave him an upset stomach, but proud to say he made it to the toilet anyway!  That being said, Wednesday was the last successful day we've had a poop in the potty.  I'm good with that though.  I think the poop will come with time, I was just really worried about the pee!

If you're thinking about potty training and want any info about this method, give me a call or email, I'd be happy to share!

Here's a pic of our big boy showing off his new undies - we're so proud!





And here's what we take everywhere we go now - that would be 5 pairs of undies and 5 extra pants.  I forgot to put socks in the bag and this is a good reminder to do that!


3 comments:

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

Yay Daniel!! (I may be emailing you in about a year...). :)

audrey said...

wow that is great, i was a little skeptical i have to admit, but you guys did great. miss everyone and can't wait to see you guys

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

So cute!! I know this was back in February so you might not even get these comments.

I need to go get that doll, stickers, juice boxes, big girl & boy panties, etc. (I'm trying to potty train both my kids). :=)

Thank you!