Wow!
Finally got around to updating Allie's photo on the blog. Now she's a real person instead of an ultrasound picture.
I am amazed that even though I have plenty of good stories, there is no time to blog - even with help around! I have had help pretty much around the clock for at least 4 weeks now (I'm losing track of time) and that time has come to an end. On Monday I will officially try to do three children by myself. I'm so thankful for all the help/meals/phone calls/prayers we have received.
Last week we went to celebrate Allie's one week birthday. Where would you go to celebrate a one-week birthday? Why Chuck E Cheese Pizza of course! Well, not really. The boys wanted to get out and we were downtown for an errand so we stop by and fun was had by all. Daniel loves the show, Jeremy loves the games, Allie slept and ate so all went well.
Last Friday (I know, a week ago - I'm late) we had Jeremy's 4 year well appointment and Allie's 1-week appointment. Aren't I brave to do them both at the same time. Jeremy was such a trooper! 5 shots! He was hiding under the table for a while (I felt the need to take a picture - I know, I'm a terrible mother) but was a big boy and came out once the nurse got there. No crying! I know it was terribly painful but he did great. The next morning he woke up screaming "I want my Mommy! My legs hurt!". I felt terrible. But guess what? It's over and no more shots until 6th grade! Jeremy is average weight (50th percentile) and tall (75th percentile). He has his Mommy's build...
Allie was up to 9 pounds and 4 ounces so she has easily surpassed birthweight. Now she doesn't have another appointment until 2 months. She is in the 50th percentile for length and the 90th for weight. :) I feed my babies well.
In celebration of her umbilical stump falling off, she had her first bath this week (I think it was Tuesday?). She was not very fond of the water. There was lots of screaming. Daddy got one good picture where she's not screaming - but I think it was just a fluke because all I really remember is screaming...
5 comments:
Yep, that's definitely your kid. They all have the same mouth :-).
Miss them already. Love Pa
I agree with Dani. The noses too. :) Such a cutie. And I'm glad I'm not the only mommy around here with a baby that likes to eat! lol
You never cried when you got your shots so Jeremy takes after his moma.
I'm sure Allie will love taking her baths real soon.
Allie is prettier than a baby doll:) We are blessed to have these healthy grandchildren. Wow, 5 shots, Jeremy really was a good little trooper. Hope things are going great this week:) These are busy times, but build many wonderful cherished memories. Remember you are SUPERMOM, even when you don't realize it. Thanks for taking such good care of our precious grandchildren:) Give the kids a hug for me and call if I can help in any way!
Love, Maw-maw
Post a Comment