Do you know my gripe about NC and snow?
It's not the normal gripe. Everyone complains about how we stink at driving in the snow/ice and how 'everything' shuts down at even the mention of it. I'm fine with that. Whatever. We get a bad snow about once every five years so I'm not all about the government spending tons of money to be ready for something that hardly comes. Fiscally conservative...Yes, I am.
MY gripe is that people whine and complain ALL winter long about how they want snow. When we finally get snow, all they can do is complain about how TERRIBLE it is. I'm tired of hearing about it. Get out in the snow with your kids and enjoy it. You're not going to die if you're trapped at home for 3 days. I think people complain just to hear themselves complain (and I KNOW it was worse in Raleigh - but honestly we all turned out fine, right?). Alrighty, that might have been some raging pregnancy hormones there...
So anyway, the Sigmon family had a GREAT time in the snow! Doug was SOOOOOO excited to be able to play with the boys. We got a tiny bit of snow last year but it was on a weekday and it was pretty much gone by the time he got home.
Both boys LOVED the snow this year. Last year Daniel hated it. This year he thought it was great. Jeremy loved sledding the most probably. And his snowman. After Daddy built him a gigantic snowman he said, "Mommy, do you mind if I give our beautiful snowman a kiss?". Hahahaha. Sometimes the things that come out of your kids mouth make you laugh so much! I would love to post a picture of our beautiful snowman but for some reason when the year reset, our photo program (iphoto) started doing this funky thing where I can't figure out where the pictures went. So we have some snow photos (day 1) but a lot of them are missing...
4 comments:
I don't think I complain about snow much one way or the other. I lived in NY until I was 10, and even after all these years in NC I still think of snow as a normal part of winter. Of course, I *do* exchange the usual stories of which streets were still frozen over when I headed to work or how crazy-busy the grocery store was.
AMEN SISTER!!
i only have one complaint and that is when it melts and the yard turns orange and your dog has a bandage on his paw that is supposed to stay clean and dry, it sure is hard to hide orange. i absolutely love that last picture of the boys. love grandma
Snow has always been a great time around our house. We have always
enjoyed these times with the kids.
Paw-paw is the ring leader in making things fun in the snow. His Yamaha Rhino went great in the snow. He is wanting to get a huge intertube to pull the kids on, so they can all ride at one time:)
Post a Comment