Today I:
Taught my sons to play nicely together by supervising playtime.
Showed Daniel that Mommy will always be there by picking him up (almost) every time he cried.
Showed Jeremy that feelings are important by holding him after he fell.
Showed "Little A" that he or she is important to me by laying down with Jeremy to rest.
Taught Jeremy that learning is important by sitting down to do some enrichment with him.
Kept Daniel safe by keeping him from climbing into the laundry hamper (if you saw it - you'd know him being in there would be unsafe).
Showed Jeremy that family is important by skype-ing his Grandpa.
Showed my sons that having fun is important by building a fort to play in.
Taught my sons about healthy eating by NOT letting them have brownies for lunch (which they requested).
Taught Jeremy about manners after he rubbed the food from his hands all over my clothes.
Enforced rules about listening so my boys will grow up to obey laws and rules.
Showed my boys I care by sending Jeremy to time out - even when it would be easier not to.
Today I did not:
Get all the clothes washed.
Clean the bathrooms.
Spend hours on the internet.
Get every diaper into the trashcan (they're still on the changing table).
It's really important for a mom to remind herself daily that what she is doing is important. I might not get everything on my to-do list done, yet showing my children how much I care about them is my top priority. Sometimes we all need a priority check...
5 comments:
So I was going to put "Photo taken by the wonderful Candice and Daniel Lanning. More Photos to come soon"
But for some reason I couldn't get it in anything but HUGE font. So here it is.
Laurina
As usual, you put me to shame :-). All I've done so far today is make a cup of coffee and put a load of laundry in the dryer. After reading your post, I feel the need to sweep a floor or something!
Well said Laurina. Investing now will payoff 100 fold in the future. I love you guys. Pa
Hey babe, you are the best! I'm so impressed with how you keep first things first. I love you!
You're a great mom and Jeremy, Daniel and baby A are so blessed!
Post a Comment