...I am very thankful for a great husband who helps out with the boys.
...I am very thankful for a phenomenal MOPS group who has brought us dinner 6 times in the past two weeks.
...I am very thankful for friends who bring us meals and offer to take Jeremy so we can have a sane minute.
...I am very thankful for family that came to get Jeremy for the first few days so I could take care of Doug and brought him back to us so we didn't have to drive up to Raleigh.
...I am very thankful for chiropractors who make it so you can walk after you throw out your back (and oh yeah, you're supposed to be taking care of three people).
...I am very thankful for doctors you can call and have your child an appointment in an hour (I was going to put I was thankful for ammoxicillian, but after a second doctors appoitment 12 days and a screaming baby later I decided ammoxicillian isn't so great - maybe Suprax will work better).
...I will be very thankful when Daddy gets into a boot and off the crutches.
...I am thankful for my sanity, or partial sanity after talking to the insurance company for an hour and 19 minutes on the phone tonight. I HATE INSURANCE COMPANIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As an update: Doug is doing much better. Today is really the first day he has gotten up and around really good. I would say he still is not up for more than 5 - 10 minutes at a time before his foot starts hurting again. This surgery has been a much slower recovery. We're assuming it's from the two incisions instead of one and the repair of the ligament that the doc did.
I am still sane. The boys have gotten out of their pajamas before 3 everyday except for one (and that day I get half credit because only Jeremy was in pajamas and he technically only had on a pajama top with jeans). My back is doing much better (which is great because it would have been VERY VERY VERY bad for both of us to be laying around and Daniel to have a double ear-infection and be fussy and Jeremy to have all the energy a two-year-old has).
Here is a cute video.
2 comments:
And I'm thankful for a little perspective from your blog! It makes my whining about my life totally bogus. We're getting used to undies around here (I refuse to call it potty training because that would mean I can't switch back to diapers if I get tired of undies.......). I'm glad you guys are all starting to get better. I'll feed you if you come to Raleigh............
grandma muriel loved the video per pa...thanks to u and jeremy bean telling her a/b the leaves...love always, aunt shell
Post a Comment