Me: School starts tomorrow!
J: Awww, man! I don't like school!
Me: Well, you only have 9 more weeks and then you're in first grade. Isn't that exciting?
J: Yeah!
Me: It makes me sad. Can't you just stay a baby forever?
J: No. I hate to have to tell you this mom, but God won't let it happen that way.
Me: Really?
J: Really. He wants us to grow up.
Me: OK, but will you still give me hugs and kisses?
J: (laughing) Yes!
Me: What about when you're in sixth grade?
J: All the way to sixth grade!
Me: Even in the carpool line?
J: Especially in the carpool line. Sometimes in the morning. All the time at night.
Me: What about seventh grade? Will you still give me hugs and kisses in seventh grade?
J: All the way up to my job. {translation: when I get a job}
Me: Yay! That makes me so happy. Where will you work?
J: At the fair.
Me: What will you be doing at the fair?
J: Face Painting. I will work all day and my wife will take care of the kids. She will bring them to the fair so I can see them and I will give them each a book of tickets.
Me: And how many kids will you have?
J: 4. Or 3. I'm not sure.
Me: Will you give me hugs and kisses even when you're grown up and have children?
J: No. I might live too far away.
Me: (feigning shock): Oh No!!
J: OK, I'll live right next door. As long as it isn't too expensive and it is a big house. Right or Left side mommy?
| Man, I love this kid.... |
1 comment:
i love the post...you need to frame that one forever & ever...love always, aunt shell
Post a Comment