Even if I dislike them.
They just don't teach you how to not hear the sound of crunching exoskeleton while in zoology grad classes at NC State.
So you can imagine the pickle that I'm in when the following happens:
I stay up far too late reading blogs of my new friends from small group. [side note: Man, are they a talented bunch. I will try not to feel inept]
I decide that I have spent way too much time on the computer so I run to the bathroom to brush my teeth so I can get in the bed and pretend I did not stay up too late.
I see a cockroach skittering across our bathroom floor. Those dang exterminators! I think if you don't get on a contract they purposely don't spray good to squeeze more money out of you...
Panic ensues - what should I do?
Can't kill it. Nothing to really capture it with - and even if I captured it, *WHAT* would I do with it?!?!? Can't wake up hubs. Then he would know I was up 'til 10:30 reading blogs.
Searching... Searching...
The toilet plunger!
?!?!?!
Well, what was I supposed to do? So I aim the toilet plunger at the cockroach. He skitters (of course). I may have squeaked out a little scream as he ran towards me. I use my terrible aim and get the cockroach under the 'bowl part' of the plunger.
Then I think, Ummmm, now what???
So what do you do?
Dear Doug,
I know you will wonder why the toilet plunger is sitting directly in front of the toilet when you get up in the morning. I do not recommend picking it up.
![]() |
Man, I hope that roach is gone by the morning or I'm gonna be in big trouble! :)

2 comments:
Oh, it's not just to get you in a contract. Once they have you in a contract, they still don't spray enough. I don't like killing them either, but not because they're a "living thing", but because I HATE the crunchy sound they make. Blech!
You would've died at the THING I found in our pantry the other night. And yeah, I screamed. It looked like a cross between a wolf spider and a millipede. *shudder*
Your solution seems perfectly logical to me. I usually grab the vacuum cleaner and suck the things up. I know it probably doesn't kill them, but in my head, they're gone. lol.
ps. please do a follow-up post on Doug's reaction! :)
so what ever happened 2 the bug...don't u realize he possibly left the plugger...they can get into lots of weird spaces...i wud be yelling for someone 2 get the creature...love always, aunt shell
Post a Comment