Monday, October 24, 2011

FAQs about my last blog entry

Please note, if you have not read the previous blog, you should start here.

1.  Was the cockroach still under the plunger in the morning?

Answer: Yes.

2.  Was the cockroach still alive?

Answer: Yes.  But not for much longer - as evidence from the dead body *still* laying on the floor of the bathroom when I got up. 

3.  Did Doug flip out upon release of the cockroach?

Answer: Ummm, I have no idea.  If he flipped out, he didn't wake me up :)


See, here's the thing.  After I wrote my blog I hopped into bed - quietly, while still giggling in my head.  Apparently I wasn't quiet enough though as Doug woke up, rolled over and put his arm around me.

[Insert moral dilemma here]

I instantly caved and said, "Honey, are you awake?"

I got something that sounded like, "Arumph".

I tried to tell him through peels of giggles that there *might* be a cockroach underneath the toilet plunger that is directly in front of the toilet when you get up in the morning.

I'm sure this confused the Bah-jesus out of him.  He was dead asleep.  I woke him up.  And started talking about cockroaches and toilet plungers????

So I have figured out why it was so funny to me (and still is). 

Having a cockroach on your bathroom floor is not at all funny.  But the thought of your husband stumbling into the bathroom and quizzically looking at the toilet plunger and thinking, "What kid put this here?" while he moves it and is surprised by a roach running across his bare foot just sends me over the edge with laughter every time.

WHAT?!?!?!  That's not funny to you????

Anyway, the cockroach is dead.  You will be happy to know there will be no more cockroach posts.  You're welcome. 



1 comment:

aunt shell said...

the story is so funny...made my day...got 2 love it...love always, aunt shell