Friday, December 10, 2010

Dear Santa

I have been a very good girl this year. 

Today I got up and decided to be an excellent Mommy and do two awesome things.  We would go see Daddy at work AND go visit you at the mall to get our pictures taken.  Santa, don't laugh.  I agree it was ambitious, but Hey!  It is that time of year when I think I can do everything...

I started out great!  I laid Allie down for her nap early and picked out the kiddos clothes.  I even picked a nice hairbow to match Allie's outfit.  The boys even kinda' matched. 

I agree, Santa, that I might have overreacted a little when I heard Jeremy say, "Mommy!  Allie's hairbow fell in the toilet!"  In my defense, HOW ON EARTH DID HE GET TO THE HAIRBOW WITHOUT MY SEEING THAT??  Alright, I'm better now. 

Now Santa, I know what you're going to say next.  But obviously, you didn't have three kids or you wouldn't have flinched at the fact that I rinsed the hairbow and proceeded to dry it with a hairdryer.  In the grand scheme of things, if you never tell her, she will never know she wore a hairbow that had been in the toilet today...

Back to good 'mommy-ing', I handled Daniel falling out of the van onto his face in the garage excellently.  I even gave him a fruit snack to help him feel better - and you know how I feel about those!

When I got to the mall and didn't have a stroller in the back of the van, I'll admit - I almost lost it and completely ditched the days plans.  I pulled together all of the 'good Mommy' I had in me hauled that 23 pound baby, 2-year-old, and 4-year old at least a mile into the mall and ALL the way to see you.  I deserve extra good stuff in my stocking for that. 

Once in the mall, I almost cursed when I realized that I had forgotten the hairbow.  I know.  After all that drama this morning.  I. forgot. the. hairbow.  The point is though, that I didn't curse.  I held it together.

I even paid money for the terrible picture (above).  I hope that money goes to fund my new garbage disposal that I have requested for Christmas. 

 Just the fact that we even got the picture with you is a sheer Christmas miracle.  And though Allie is screaming and Daniel picked today not to be his photogenic self (I blame the cement in the garage) - I'm sure you'll agree that I have produced three fabulously cute children. 

So please.  The garbage disposal.

Your fan,

Laurina

PS - It would also be super nice if you don't leave my children any loud and obnoxious toys. 

5 comments:

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

Hahahahaha. This made my night. Girl, you deserve way more than a garbage disposal. That picture is priceless. And Daniel's hair is adorable. lol. So cute.

ps. we got your card yesterday!! Thanks for being all efficient and sending us one first, because I needed your address. :)

Perfect Aunt said...

Mom and I can't stop laughing at the picture. Priceless!! Grandma is sad she couldn't be there to help. We love that Allie is screaming, Daniel looks like he just got out of bed with bedhead, and of course, perfect Jeremy is smiling sweetly as if nothing is going on. Too funny!

aunt shell said...

i love the picture so much...i wish that i would have been off today to go with you...you should have postponed until next week...love always, aunt shell

uncle david b. said...

Who says that Santa is the only one that can bring loud obnoxious toys thats what aunts and uncles are for. I think its a great picture.

Dani In NC said...

I think Daniel looks cute in that picture. He reminds me of the little boy models in those hipster fashion shoots :-).