Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Well, today we celebrate 8 years of marriage. Wow! It seems like just yesterday I was dying for the man to propose to me. :)

I made an excellent choice, even if I do say so myself! Top 3 reasons I love my husband:

1. He actively searches out what God would have him to do. Since Doug first felt called into the ministry, he wants to work for God, and he wants to do it with excellence.

2. He loves his wife and doesn't get upset with her (often). :) I'll give you an example of what happened today. I get the kids up, out the door, and J to preschool. I'm flying along my merry old way headed towards MOPS. I call to wish my husband a happy anniversary (I haven't yet talked to him today). Our conversation goes something like this:

D: Hello, this is Doug.
Me: Happy Anniversary!
D: Well Happy Anniversary to you!
Me: Do you know what you were doing 8 years ago today? Oh wait, CRAP! I think I just got a ticket. I'll call you back.

True story. I call him back after about 10 minutes talking to Mr-Nice-Officer-of-the-Law. I tell him I got a ticket. He almost chuckles and asks did I run a red light. No, no. I apparently was going 65 in a 45. He refrains from any derogatory comment about my driving (which is normally slow) and instead shrugs it off. I call him later in the day and he answers "Hey Leadfoot!".

Now, I can honestly say that I would have acted a little differently if it'd be Doug with the ticket! But he knew I already felt terrible, why rub it in?

3. He loves his family. Did you know that my man regularly gets up before 5:30am so he can spend more time with his kiddos? He actually chooses to go in extra early so he can get off early. He values his time with his family more than sleep! He is constantly striving to be a better dad and I think that is awesome. I think he's the best dad in the world, and if you think I'm biased, well then you can just ask anyone else that lives in our house ;)

And with that, I leave you with this prime example of good daddy-ness.

3 comments:

Reminisce said...

Before you ask, why yes! That is Allie in that backpack...

Lauren said...

So sweet! Happy Anniversary!!

Dani In NC said...

I should know better than to read one of your mushy posts on an empty stomach :-P. Happy Anniversary!