Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Adjustments!

Well, I'm back from blogging hiatus!

Sorry about the dry spell. The move has been an 'adjustment' for us all :)

Updates:
Allie went to the doctor 4 times within the first 7 days we were here. We ended up with tubes in her ears. Here is a cute picture of her in her hospital gown. You'll have to excuse her for not smiling. We were supposed to be at the hospital at 5:30am and she wasn't allowed to eat after midnight. Homegirl was hungry. And she loves to eat (as if you couldn't tell).


















She's doing better now. Still no crawling. She's content to sit on the floor and just watch her brothers. We're content with that too! We're moving to people food finally. She had her first real people food today - corn. She has been strictly baby food and it was hillarious to watch her put corn in her mouth and push it out with her tongue. Perhaps I'll post a video later.

I believe Daniel's favorite thing about our house is the trampoline next door (although he hasn't been on it yet). Today I was making dinner and asked Doug if Daniel was with him. He replied no so I immediately ran to the back door and started yelling for Daniel. He had escaped without my noticing and our very friendly neighbor let me know he was over at their house. Wow, that was scary. I gotta find a child lock for that door! Daniel was doing great here the first week. Then we decided it was time to take his pacifier away. He did fine for a few days and then he started throwing fits every time it was time for nap or bed. He also started whining. He's still my little angel - but let's just say I now know why the two's are labeled 'terrible' by so many. Here is Daniel sleeping on the floor of his room. It's his little way of telling us how much he hates being in his bed now.













On the positive side, since Jeremy has went to preschool, I have gotten much more 'alone' time with Daniel. His speech is improving and we're hoping most of his whiney-ness will take care of itself when we can understand him better.

Jeremy, on the other hand, is totally in love with the house. He loves our neighborhood, he loves the new friends, he loves his preschool. His behavior has been phenomenal. He's been listening and helping me around the house a lot (which I've needed) so that is great. He can now officially write his own name too! This is Jeremy on his first day of school. The pink sheet is his first homework assignment.

















Doug is also doing good. He likes the neighborhood and is excited for the day when we finally have the house good enough to do yard work ;) He's signing up for two classes coming up in a few weeks so you can pray for us! :) He's only ever done one at a time previously but we think we can manage two this semester. I might be singing a different tune in about a month though! The commute to and from work has not been as terrible as we thought it might be so that is definitely a positive. Here is a picture of Doug with the kiddos in the hammock. Pretty sure we just took this last night.














I am doing great. I honestly have had my moments. Last night Allie was screaming and screaming (I was up with her from 10:30 to either 1:30 or 2:30 - I can't remember which the clock said) and I told Doug if he didn't go get her I thought I might shake her. I'm pretty sure it's been months since I've gotten 8 straight hours of sleep. Now that has been my worst. There have been PLENTY of good moments too. As soon as we got here an old friend came over and helped us paint our dining room. Neighbors started bringing us cakes and rice krispy treats, and cookies. One even brought us some honey from their backyard hive (alright, THAT is definitely a first for me). There are young boys out playing nightly so it's great to go out after dinner and Jeremy has 'friends' to play with every night. And oh yeah I turned 30. Here is a picture from my birthday. I wanted one with all the whole family, but to be real honest - just getting one with all the kids is an issue.













Well, I think you are caught up! I have a lot of random pictures that have stories to go with them. I'm going to try to post them over the next few days if you're interested. Until then, ta-ta!

5 comments:

aunt shell said...

YEAH...YEAH...YEAH...I'm so EXCITED we finally have a current update...But so glad everyone is doing great...Love the house, love the commute to see you all now...except on friday afternoon traffic...but that is what your favorite aunt shell & uncle david b will do for a dinner with all of you...love always, aunt shell

Dani In NC said...

Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you are settling in nicely.

As for the bees, urban and suburban homesteading is all the rage now. It's gone beyond having a veggie garden in the backyard. People are keeping bees and chickens in their yards, too. You should see the chicken runs -- they are so cute! Also, there are new studies that show that local honey (honey from bees raised within a few miles of where you live) can help immunize you against pollen allergies and such.

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

Happy Birthday (again)!! I'm so glad you're settling in well (aside from the fussy babies). I can't believe Jeremy is big enough to have homework. That's just crazy. Thanks for the update!

ps. Dani is right. I haven't heard about the bee-keeping craze, but I knew about the chickens. Maybe you should get some. :)

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

Happy and thankful that the neighbors are so nice...that means so much. Glad Jeremy is loving school and his neighborhood friends. Give Daniel an extra hug for me, he is having pacifier withdrawals:) Hope Allie starts sleeping all night REAL SOON!! Maybe she's having Maw-maw withdrawals!!!:) Hope to see you all soon. Hope you and Doug have a great weekend!!!
Love, Maw-maw

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

Maybe Hailey and Dani are right...you know Daniel would love to have a rooster!!!:) (I know this is what Paw-paw will say when he sees this blog!)