Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Kindy Update

Oh wow.  Jeremy started Kindergarten. 

Let me just that I am one clueless momma.  I am not really the emotional sort.  I was actually excited about Kindergarten.  I have, after all, had 3 [small-ish] children with me at home for almost 18 months now.  I am drained.  And when I say drained, I mean 'do-only-the-things-that-absolutely-have-to-get-done-today' drained.  Nights are rare when no one comes to visit me in the bed in the middle of the night or screams from their (her) crib.  So yeah, I was excited. 

Our best attempt at a family picture.

So ready for Kindergarten!

Good thing his backpack is monogrammed b/c his lunchbox didn't come home with him!

He wanted spikey hair for his first day :)
Perhaps it was the total lack of information I got about what exactly happens in Kindergarten.  Perhaps it's the fact that I don't even know how to pronounce his teacher's name (Tichansky) as I have never actually talked to her.  Perhaps it was the mom in the carpool line dropping the 'f-bomb' on her young child as I took Jeremy inside today.  Perhaps it was the 30 minutes in the carpool line.  Perhaps it was the fact that as I dropped him off on the first day of school, no one ever came up and asked him his name.  I simply cannot get over this - *No one in that class knew my babies name* - even AFTER I left!    Color me not impressed with Kindergarten so far. 

Jeremy's doing great and he seems to like it so far (except for that whole 'rest time' bit and the fact that recess is cancelled when it is hot).  I just was totally not prepared or the emotional surge that would come when I dropped him off at school. 

I have been pretty much solely in charge of what my child is exposed to up until this moment.  If I left him with someone, I knew that person.  I determined what he got to do and when he got to do it.  I feel the need to scoop him up in my arms and run back to the car every morning when I drop him off at carpool.  But I guess he is growing up {sob, sob, sob}.  So I guess I will continue to take him to school. 

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh, Laurina! I can only imagine your roller coaster of emotions. This week is the week for me and my Quinn's first day of K. Isn't it hard letting go our little big guys? I guess that all we can do is pray!!!