Saturday, July 16, 2011

Daniel's Birthday Party

 First update: Daniel's Birthday!  Yes, we all know it was June 1.  You'll just have to deal with the fact that it is July 10 (edited July 16) and I am just. now. updating.
So I was not happy about Daniel turning 3.  He is just the sweetest kid ever.  I don't ever want to forget his happy smiles or his sweet kisses.  However, I guess they do grow up (tear).
I love celebrating this kid.  He's our middle - slammed right in between two high strung little angels, and I know I've said this a million times, but let me say this again:
God blessed us with Daniel because he knew that the only way our family would survive 'spirited' child number 1 and 'spirited' child number 3 was to put the most laid back kid on this earth in between them. 

I love celebrating Daniel because quite honestly, with all the other loudness that goes on in our house, sometimes I feel like Daniel is ignored.  We had an awesome time celebrating him during dinner and then the whole family went to Monkey Joes!  Thankfully Daniel's birthday fell on a Wednesday (half price day) so we got in for under $10.  The WHOLE family.  And there were only two other kids in the whole place!!!!  So Doug and I hopped on the inflatables and our family had a ball.  It was awesome.  Even Doug (who has a tendency to be a home-body and not want to go anywhere) said we should make it a monthly outing. 
Dad, I want to go THAT way!
Even Daddy got in on the fun.  Note Allie headed up the stairs :)



We had Daniel's party on Saturday and celebrated all day then too!  Our neighborhood friends came over and we took out the slip 'n slide (Daniel was not a fan and you will not see him in any of the pics of the slip 'n slide).  We had lunch and cake (Mickey - Daniel's fave).  We opened presents - fun was had by all!



 That evening we invited our neighborhood friends back over for a campfire, S'mores and sparklers.  What an awesome way to celebrate an awesome 3-year-old!!!


1 comment:

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

YAY! An update! :)

So glad he had a great birthday. Noah and I took a walk today, and he loves to run up and down your old driveway.
Happy (late) Birthday, Daniel!