Allie is doing great. We found out she had reflux last week and have started giving her Zantac twice a day. She has finally started sleeping through the night (thanks Zantac!) and I have managed to get almost 8 hour for the past 3 nights. Sheeeeeeew-weee! That feels good! One of her favorite things to do is watch her brothers. I find it hillarious how Daniel can get her to laugh while we're riding in the car. He'll laugh, then she'll laugh. I'm pretty sure they can't even see each other on the two different rows. She started sitting up by herself this month (which she loves). She also started eating baby food about a week ago also. She quickly graduated from Stage 1 to Stage 2 sized foods (Ummm, after 1 day!) and hasn't looked back. That's how you manage to get a 20 pound 5 month old. Speaking of which, today is her 6 month birthday!!! Happy Half-Birthday Allie! I can't believe it has gone by so fast!
This would be Allie with paper in her mouth. Daniel 'shared' a book with her while I was in the other room. I walked in the room and she gave me a giant grin. Had to trash the book :(
Daniel is getting better with his words. It is SOOOOOOOO cute to here him say "Nnnnnyo" and "Yessssss" (emphasis on the 's'). His other favorites are 'Jere-Y' and 'Da-EEE' (Jeremy and Daddy). He loves, loves, loves to copy his brother. If Jeremy is doing something, Daniel has to do it! He is also very loving towards his sister. He is constantly bringing her stuff (ummm, sometimes this is BAD - like the time her bought her an uninflated balloon that I found her chewing on a few minutes later) and sharing with her. He also likes to bring her her paci and blanket. Still working on his eating. Favorite (and pretty much only) food = chicken nuggets. We try not to give in to any snacks for him until he starts eating a more varied diet, but are surprised at how little food the boy can survive off of. Pretty sure his motto is "If it's not chicken nuggets or crackers - I'm not going to eat it - no matter how hungry I am!".

Jeremy is growing like a weed! I'm amazed when I see him out on a playdate acting like a 'big kid'. He tolerates his brother and declares that his sister is 'adorable'. He is very excited and nervous to be moving. We answer questions daily about what is staying here versus what is going with us. We have even made a paperchain to count down the days (24 in case you were wondering). He's super excited to be starting preschool on September 14 (and so am I!).
Doug and I are busily plugging along at all things house. We found a house - can't BELIEVE I haven't posted pictures yet. It is in South Raleigh off of ten-ten near Garner. We've been working on inspections, appraisals, insurances, repairs, and the like. It's mind-boggling the amount of stuff you have to do to sell one house and buy another! I'm going to need to start a spreadsheet to keep up with all of our contacts.
The house we are buying
Well, I'm off to help Jeremy learn how to write his name (a goal we have before preschool starts). That's it for the updates! More to come later...
3 comments:
We are almost going to be neighbors!
YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW!
I mean, you are going to be almost neighbors with my parents.
YEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
ps - i read your blog still. As one who has not joined the billions on facebook, it's my only source of information.
I'm still reading too! Congrats on the house!! It's beautiful!! Those pictures are too adorable. We're going to miss you guys, but I'm glad things are going so well!
M became a picky eater around Daniel's age; for her it was chicken and cheese. She eventually broadened her diet . . . around age 15. Stock up on those chicken nuggets!
Post a Comment