Tuesday, June 01, 2010

For Our Sweet Daniel















Dear Daniel,

Today you are two, and my, how time has flown by!
God has more than blessed us with your sweet spirit and happy attitude.
He totally knew what he was doing when he placed you in-between our two 'spunky' children.
Your chill attitude is very refreshing in our high-strung house!
Here are just a few things that make you uniquely Daniel:

The way you communicate (with mostly grunts and nods). I know that real words are coming soon and I am excited for those too, but I love how you have a certain grunt for 'yes' and a different one for 'no'. Since hardly anyone else understands you, I feel like we are speaking our own little language...

You are your own little man. You don’t follow the crowd and love to do your own thing. Sometimes you like being in the middle of everything, but mostly you are content to go your own way.

You know by flashing that million dollar smile and those big dimples that you can get away with almost anything (and you often do!).

You are a big boy for your age, yet you eat almost nothing except for milk of course. You tote that milk cup around with you everywhere! I think it goes more places than even your blanket!














You have adopted your daddy’s philosophy of “if it doesn’t fit, use more force”, which has made you quite the destroyer at times. It's hillarious to watch, and has made you quite accident-prone!

You are the first toddler I’ve ever known who begs for his crib when he’s tired, instead of fighting going to sleep. Instead of it being a horror to put you down for a nap, or bedtime, it is pure pleasure.

You also blow the cutest good bye kisses ever.

You love your pacifier, blanket, mommy, brother (sometimes), and little sister, but you are your daddy’s boy.

We love you and here’s to a great third year!

4 comments:

Doug Sigmon said...

Could not have said it better myself... Happy Birthday Daniel!

Perfect Aunt said...

Happy Birthday Daniel!! A lot of those statements describe me. (Not the toting milk or a blanket around) I think it really is being a middle child. We learn to go with the flow. I love you, Daniel! Happy Birthday!!

aunt shell said...

Happy Birthday Daniel bo Baniel...We love you so much & can't wait until your 2nd birthday party...Love always, Aunt Shell & Uncle David B.

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

Love this post:) Happy Birthday our sweet little grandson, Daniel,
We love you!, Maw-maw & Paw-paw