Monday, April 05, 2010

Today I am Thankful For...















I was going to write a blog about my traumatic day today. Believe me when I say it was blog-worthy and you would have peed in your pants laughing at my stupidity before the end of the blog. Instead, I thought I'd put what I was very thankful for today and you can only imagine what my day was like.

First, I'd like to thank my sister-in-law Amy. You see, I invited my nephews to go to the park with us today. If she wouldn't have brought the boys and $20 cash over, not only would we have gotten to the park (where they DON'T take credit cards) and been very bored just playing on the playground while everyone else rode the train, rode the carousel, and went to the petting zoo. Also, I think I would have went completely bonkers without Hunter there to help me with Daniel as I was nursing Allie, or maybe going to grab Daniel while he ran in the other direction because I (stupidly) decided not to put the second seat on the double stroller.

Next, I'd like to thank my friend Nadia. Without her smart thinking (she signed up for AAA two short weeks before), I'm not quite sure what I would have done when we ran out of gas on I-85 on the way home. Yes, you read that right. How many children did you have in the car, you ask? Well, thanks for asking. That would be 6. Two of them are infants. Who are still nursing. So we both nursed our babies on the side of I-85. With 4 children in the back. Poor Hunter. He had to sit between a stinky diaper and a boy who was trying to escape out of the back seat while his mother yelled repeated him to stop climbing over the seats. Also, if you're reading this Nadia - I owe you $50. On top of all the really smart things I did today - leaving my wallet somewhere in the house was really a brilliant move.

I'd also like to thank Jeremy. At least he managed to hold it long enough for me to finish nursing Allie. Then we had to go to the grass beside I-85. To poop. Yup. Poop.

I'd like to thank Joel, the AAA guy. He found us, even though I had no idea where we were on 85 when we called AAA. Neither did Nadia. I told them I thought we were around exit 68. Turns out we were around exit 63. And when he found us, he took one look into our van full of children and decided that we didn't need to actually pay for the gas he put in the van. Bless his soul. Then he pulled out onto 85 and let us get out in front of him so we didn't get in a wreck on the way to the gas station. Then he followed us to the gas station. Just to make sure we got there OK. Thanks Joel. You're a peach.

I'd also like to thank my husband. While I'm 100% sure that he was laughing in his head, he managed to keep it together long enough when I called him to tell him what happened. He didn't laugh. Just said, "I'm sorry about that honey". Then when I got home he asked if I would now stop riding around on E. Sure thing, hon.

Finally, I'd like to thank Allie. My sweet baby girl. She must have some kinda ESP connection with her mommy and knew it was going to be a rough day. She probably cried less than 30 minutes of our 3 hour adventure in the car today. She hasn't had stats like these in her entire life (all 8 weeks of it!). That's girl. Mommy needed that today. It's 10:30 and you've just gone to bed so I'm going to sleep!

5 comments:

Reminisce said...

And oh yeah. I'm thankful that Daddy is going to remove the dead fish from the fish tank tomorrow before small group....

Gross.

grandpa said...

Holy Cow. Love Pa

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

Yikes. Kudos to you on turning it into a "what I'm thankful for" blog. Mine so would not have been like that. lol. Glad yall are ok!

Jenny said...

Another dose of birth control for me! I'll stop complaining about teaching... well for at least a week! Your full time job is rough! And I'm going to get gas today...

Reminisce said...

Jenny,

Your comment made me laugh. And before your mom kills be (about being such good birth control), adding one at a time is a lot easier. You gradually ease into all the fun of three at once! :) Now, if you have triplets, I have no advice for you other than hire a Nanny and pray very, very hard...