Friday, April 23, 2010

Sigmon Family Update

As if we didn't have enough new stuff going on (new baby, new work out program, changing to cloth diapers) - we started listening to Dave Ramseys Financial Peace University.

If you notice us start to 'live like no one else', it's so later we can 'live like no one else'.

Allie's 2 month appointment was today. Side note to the nurse that weighed Allie and gave her immunizations: I wanted to get my children out of there even more than you did (I know, shocking). However, when the receptionist tells me she cannot fit my daughter onto the schedule in the late afternoon until a month from now - well, I just have to come with all three children earlier during the day.

Anyway, back to the shocker of the day: Allie weighs 14 pounds and 8 ounces. That would make her in the 95th percentile for weight.

She got three shots and some kinda funky immunization through her mouth. She's been sleeping since the doctors appointment. Well, that is a lie. She woke up to eat. You don't stay in the 95th percentile by skipping meals.

Here are some pictures of cute booties in cloth diapers (PS - thanks Auntie Brenda for the crib bedding - we love it!).

























It's going great for Allie. I really like them. Daniel just switched to cloth today. I switched him at lunch time and so far he's leaked through 3 diapers. One of them was poop. These odds aren't looking so hot. And oh yeah - for all you that said flushing the poop down the toilet wasn't so bad - it wasn't all that fun.

I did go the cheapo route and bought some super cheap cloth diapers from China (yes China. To make things better they smelled like paint when they got here. Paint from China....hmmmmm). I'm thinking perhaps that was a bad idea. I'm going to try and get some more liners to make them more absorbent and make it work.

I do love Allie in her cute little cloth diapers though..

Some beach pics coming soon...

3 comments:

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

That's exactly where Noah was at 2 months! Good thing you're doing P90x! You're gonna need those arm muscles! lol

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

Allie is such a cutie...she was cooing and smiling today, how sweet she is.
I read Doug's promises to Allie. I believe he could win daddy of the year (or century!) award for writing something so sweet and sentimental. Allie, you are one lucky little girl and me, I am one lucky mom to have your daddy in our lives:), Seeing God work through your children is truly amazing.

audrey said...

i know you can fix that problem, i guess you will live like noone else with wet and poopie furniture, that was not so nice grandma, i think allies diapers are so cute and daniels from what i can see are cute too. i guess daniel needs to cut down on his liquid intake