Saturday, December 06, 2008

'Tis the Season




We love Christmas around here. I'm so glad I married a Christmas lover instead of a Bah-humbug Grinch. Speaking of Grinch, I found out I do a mean 'Grinch' impersonation (Jim Carey version please) while I was singing in the shower today...


I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE watching Jeremy at Christmas time. He's hillarious. He doesn't quite know that Santa brings toys yet so this is fabulous. Christmas so far to him is about the lights and 'The Story'. The story is actually the Christmas story. He has his own manger scene but requests (several times a day actually) to be told 'the story' with 'Mommy's manger scene' - the one he's not allowed to touch. He's got the story down. Except for the beginning where he goes "Once upon a time there was a little boy named Mary". Mommy and Daddy's version goes, "A long time ago there was a lady named Mary". Details, details.

We went to the Mount Holly Christmas parade on Wednesday and Jeremy had a ball. His favorite part? "Da trowing out da candy". Yup, we could've guessed that. The poor child is going to be scarred for life though because they throw out WHOLE CANDY BARS (full size) in the parade. Jeremy thought it was great but is going to feel ripped off at the next parade we go to when he gets a couple of Dum-dums and some Bazooka bubble gum.


Jeremy has been to see two Santa's. He has asked for a bicycle from both. Don't know where on earth he got this from. I don't think he even knows Santa brings toys. Santa just asks, "What do you want for Christmas" and he replies, "A bicycle". Nice. He has a bicycle. He doesn't like to ride it. He fell off once (not my fault I promise) and now he's scared of it. What are we going to do about the bicycle situation? Suggestions? I'm hoping he'll just forget about it...

Here are some oh so cute pics...






PS - now I realize how hard it is to get good pictures of BOTH children...Yes, these are the best ones. Jeremy was being uncooperative (not in a bad way though - just in an "I'm two and haven't mastered the fake smile" way)

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh I love everything on your post. The girls are still in love with the lights and tree and have no clue that Christmas means presents and Santa Claus. (Is that a requirement - the visiting Santa Claus?). I need to get them a non-breakable manger scene so we can go through the Christmas story with them and without me saying, "No touching! No touching! No touching!). And yes, it's insanely hard to get a good picture with two kids. Notice my lack of good pictures lately? (Actually - since they were about ten months old and very mobile, there've been very very few good shots with both of them together. End of the long post. Go to sleep!

aunt shell said...

i just love both of them in there cute santa outfits...they are the most adorable kids in the whole wide world...they look like they were having a grand time...love always, aunt shell

Gammy said...

I would suggest a hand held toy bike of some sort. I'll start looking and see what I can come up with. Google found some in China but I decided not to go that route.

Remember the Christmas when Elizabeth got the Barbie jeep and like playing with the box better than the jeep? Keep it simple and practical, he's going to love whatever is under the tree! He's very easy to make happy. :) Alot like his moma.