Monday, February 12, 2007

Cold spaghetti cold spaghetti!

Hey all! The funny stories are just rolling in now. Too numerous to tell.


Today, Harris Teeter (My favorite store of ALL time) had kid cuisine meals for 50 cents each with the coupon that I found at Kroger. I thought this was a pretty good deal so I stocked up. I was a little worried that Jeremy wouldn't eat any of it (Hey, he's a picky eater now) but my worries were all put to rest today!


He had spaghetti and corn and loved it! Man, they must put loads of sugar in it because we've made him the exact same thing and he wouldn't eat it. He even liked the meatballs! For desert he had a brownie. I think it's the most he's ate in at least a week.


So here's the funny story that goes with it (of course it wasn't funny to me at the time). I had JUST got back from the grocery store, it's 11:30, and J is past hungry! I fling a kid cuisine meal into the microwave, head out (with J in tow) to grab the rest of the groceries and who is at my door???? The meter reader!!! She asks can I let my dogs in while she changes out the meter. I felt like freakin' out and just saying, "Ummmm, can you pretend I'm not here right now and come back in ten minutes?". But noooooooooooooooo, I had to be supermom and pretend I can do it all!


I let Bucky and Trigger in and what happens?!?!?! Bucky promptly "marks" one of our pillows which is laying in the floor! And OF COURSE I can't put him outside because the lady is already in the backyard! So I'm scolding Bucky, J is screaming (because he's hungry) and trigger goes over and picks up J's blanket (in her gross doggie mouth). I am beginning to come over to daddy's side and say dog's just don't belong in the house!


I'm sure you can picture me in your head running around trying to keep buckets and trigger from putting stuff in their mouth and trying to feed J cheerios to tide him over until the kid cuisine cools down.


Well, it turned out all good! The dogs are outside now, J is down for a nap, and I am off to grade some papers. Hope you enjoyed the story...

2 comments:

Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw said...

Supermom, I can see this happening... this could be a clip for a movie...so funny when its all over!!! Jeremy's smile says it all, kids cuisine spaghetti is mmmmmm..mmmmm...good!:)

audrey said...

that pasta or corn or whatever it is looks just like a top tooth. say it isn't so. that smile is so adorable.