He's the whole reason I started this lovely little blog adventure.
He's part of the reason I haven't blogged in FOREVER (let's be real - who has time to blog with 3 kiddos??).
And he turned 9 today. My letter to my dear sweet 9-year-old.
Dear Jeremy,
I simply cannot believe you are turning 9-years-old today. They say time flies when you're having fun and that is certainly true because it seems like you made me a mommy just yesterday.
Boy, when you were tiny you sure made things exciting (and loud!). Your laughs were contagious and your cute little crawl was almost too much to handle.
Son, as you grow up, there are things that the world will try to change about you and I just want you to know right now that God created you perfectly the way you are. You are loving. You are sweet. You are smart.
When I say that you are going to be a world-changer, I truly believe that. With your passion for people and your passion about following God you are amazing to watch.
Last night you had a book report to work on. Your teacher told you to do a historical timeline. You chose Jesus and used the book of Mark. When we were talking about your project I asked if you were going to get to share it with the class. You told me that you hoped you would because then you would get to preach. Son, that is something special.
Tonight as you went to bed you had tears in your eyes. You told me that you had so many great memories of 8 that you weren't sure you wanted to turn 9. It makes your mama's heart soar to know you have so many great memories, but it's time to make more.
Here's to another year of awesome. Mom loves you.
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment