Tuesday, December 13, 2011

This Little Girl

Please note, bloody nose is from falling into a toy box.  Not from a whack for repeated taking off shoes.
 She's driving me crazy!  No amount of convincing will keep shoes on her feet!  I guess I have my size 11 feet to blame.  A few days ago we went to a playdate and she of course chucked her shoes off somewhere in the car.  I left to finish up some Christmas shopping, came back, and the other Mommy told me she had put the shoes of her almost 4-year-old on the child.  And she promptly took them off.  Anytime I put shoes on her feet I am met by choruses of, "Hurt!  Hurt!".  What is a mom to do?  If it were summer it would be no big deal.  We spent $40 on the last pair of shoes and they only lasted us a month before she refuses to wear them.  ARGH!!!
Good thing she's adorable, right? 

4 comments:

aunt shell said...

love the picture of allie...the one of her & daniel is also ADORABLE...they are so cute...guess maybe that is what tights will have to be for...least if she has tights on then her FEET won't get COLD...no runny noses or colds will be permitted during the holidays...love always, aunt shell

Dani In NC said...

This may sound weird, but have you taken a good look at her toenails? M hated wearing shoes when she was that age, and we couldn't figure out why. Finally at one of her physicals the doctor noticed that her toenails grow out a little and then curve down into her toes. Once we started trimming her toenails super short, that solved the shoe problem. She is 18 now and knows that if her shoes start hurting, it is time to trim those nails.

Reminisce said...

Awesome idea Dani. Her toenails DO curve into her feet - I noticed that a while ago but didn't think to connect that with the shoes!

Marsha C said...

Buy her boys shoes. I know this seems crazy since she is your only girl, but boy shoes are wider and will fit her feet better. Trust me as a mother of a wide footed children this will help. ...maybe