Sunday, May 16, 2010

The definition of Insanity















Jeremy asked me the other day when I was going to pour milk into my private parts. I said, "What?!?!" He said - the milk that Allie drinks out of your private parts, when do you put it in there?

Ahhhhhhhh! I explained to him that after women have babies then God fills their 'chest' up with milk over and over again.

The things you hear from your 4-year-old!

We did end up going strawberry picking and to Ray's Splash Planet (in Charlotte) in the past two weeks. Almost everytime I take all three kiddos out, when returning home I ask myself this question:
"What was I thinking?!?!"

I keep telling myself that it's going to get easier (Allie has definitely mellowed a lot in the past month) and I'm sure it will. But if the definition of insanity is 'doing the same thing and expecting a different result', then I should be institutionalized...

As of right now, the only place that's easy (ish) to take them to is the gym. I drop two kids off at childcare and take one swimming. Jeremy loved it when we went Tuesday. It's Daniel's turn on Thursday.

I will leave you with lots of pictures of strawberry picking (it is the only recent event where I have actually managed to remember to bring my camera). And Oh yeah, the one at the bottom is when we went to visit Daddy at work after getting haircuts (another adventure where I was wondering what on earth I was thinking...)













Jeremy and his friend Grayson in the teepee at the strawberry field.




























The perfect pictures to show the differences between my two children. J wanted his picture beside the giant inflatable strawberry and Daniel wants to roam out in the fields all by himself.


















Allie while we were strawberry picking. She was actually wearing clothes (I know you're shocked Doug) but apparently while I was chasing the other two and trying to pick berries at the same time, I squished several on her outfit so we had to strip her down...





























Token 'kids with heads stuck through terrible drawings of wooden animals' pictures...



















Daniel chowing down on our harvest















The pies we made. The look was supposed to be 'the kids get tiny pies while Mommy gets a giant one'. It looks way more gangsta' than we wanted it to :)
















The kids at Daddy's work. I'm not sure WHY they love it so much (other than an awesome Daddy being there of course). Probably the ping pong table in the lunch area. Jeremy's first question to Doug when he gets home from work is usually 'Daddy, who did you play in ping pong today?'. Notice the ping pong paddle in J's hand!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Just think. One more year and our eldest will be starting school.

One. more. year.

aunt shell said...

i'm glad you guys had fun picking strawberries...just think next year allie will be able to help you all are not...do you think they will close the field if they see you coming...the pictures are so cute...love always, aunt shell <3